Cauliflower has become a staple in the house and is an ingredient in a variety of dishes spanning cuisines. I used riced cauliflower as a substitute for rice which has been a phenomenal adjustment of carbs in our diet.
When you combine cauliflower with a nice tomato curry you just can’t go wrong. My local Traders Joes store has made it even easier for me by selling already riced cauliflower which saves me a ton of time and the mess on my counter with grains of the vegetable flying around 🙂
This is really easy to make and just perfect for a cold winter day. Serve with some flatbread or rice with a side of pickles.
If you love cauliflower do check out my other recipes:
Riced Cauliflower and Peas Curry - Matar Gobi
a savory tomato curry with peas and riced cauliflower
- 1 head of Cauliflower – grated
- 1 cup of frozen organic peas
- 1 cup of peeled tomatoes
- 2 cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger – grated
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 green chilies – chopped
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida or hing(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half lemon
- Chopped cilantro
- Mustard oil ( or oil of your choice)
- Puree the tomatoes in a blender
- You can cut the cauliflower in florets and grate them or buy a riced cauliflower bag
- In a large pan add 2 tbsp oil and cumin seeds, once crackling add cauliflower and cook for 3-4 mins until slightly brown. Set aside.
- In a pan warm up another 3 tbsp of oil, add green chilies, cloves, grated ginger, and asafoetida, and .
- Add pureed tomatoes and let the mixture cook for a few minutes.
- Add turmeric, chilies powder and kasoori methi and let the mixture cook until the oil starts to separate from the tomatoes
- Add the yoghurt and mix well
- Add frozen peas, cook for a minute and add the cauliflower.
- Do not cover the pan and use a dash of water as needed. This will only take a couple of minutes
- Top with lemon juice and fresh cilantro.