Summer brings inspiration and love, it brings the abundance of fresh vegetables in your garden or the farmers market. Veggies like broccolini and cauliflower are so rich for your mind and soul that they need the simplest of preparation.
So what I have here is a simple roasted and charred presentation that is a sensory gift to the taste buds. The fact that it is plant based and has plenty of protein is something wonderful. I have roasted the beets separately wrapped in a foil for 30 mins in a 375-degree oven. These stay in the fridge for multiple uses throughout the week.
The sauce is a kicker…soaked walnuts, wasabi powder, garlic and garden herbs. This can showcase just about anything you put on a plate.
So here goes
- Slice I head of organic cauliflower in steaks.
- Take a bunch of broccolini
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano and some olive oil
- Mix well with your hands and lay it out on a baking tray
Roast at 425 degrees for 20 mins. The idea is to char it and still keep it somewhat crunchy
For the sauce
- 1 cup soaked walnuts ( 1 hr)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Blend together and adjust the oil and salt to taste.
Plate with roasted beets and fresh radishes.