Do you dream of chocolat’? Dreams of chocolate are sweet, meditative and decedent….and as I woke up from one, it was time to pull together a recipe that was made with raw and nutrient rich ingredients that we would all enjoy. I don’t believe in the guilt free type concept. Enjoy what you eat and make sure it is worthy of the beautiful you ❤
Organic walnuts, Mehjool dates, raw cacao powder and organic coconut flakes are beautiful and nourishing ingredients to work with. And then there is coconut milk and cashews…these are combined with organically sourced dark chocolate for a finger licking good chocolate filling.
The little surprise here is a bit of instant coffee.
No baking is involved here so anyone can do this. My only tip is to get the best organic ingredients and your palate will thank you with every bite.
This reminds me of the incredible Annie Lennox lyrics
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
The chocolate dream vegan tart
a dream that is chocolate....
- For the crust
- 1 cup organic walnuts
- 3/4 cup pitted mehjool dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk ( for extra rich add half coconut cream)
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 12 ounces organically sourced dark chocolate ( I used vegan coconut chocolate bars)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp raw cacao
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1-2 tbsp of monk fruit sugar
- pinch of sea salt
For the filling
- Using a food processor add all the crust ingredients and pulse until everything comes together but it is still a tad crumbly. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste and sweetness.
- Use your hands to pat the ingredients in tart pan ( I used the one with a removable bottom) . With your fingers, flatten and mold the shape until the pan is fully lined all the way to the rim. Let it rest in the fridge while you make the filling
- Drain the cashews and blend into a creamy consistency in a high speed blender. Set aside
- Bring the coconut milk to a simmer and add the chocolate pieces, stir until melted.
- Turn off the heat and add the cashew cream, vanilla, raw cacao, coffee, salt and coconut oil. Stir well with a spatula until silky.
- Taste it and add monkfruit sugar to suit your taste buds.
- Let the mix sit for 5 mins. Stir well and pour in the tart pan over the crust.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until firm.
- Decorate with coconut flakes or fruit in season. Figs would work great.
Cut a slice and serve!
- Chocolate Dreams – Vegan Tart
- Figs with walnuts, yoghurt and honey
- Rose and Saffron Ice cream
- Banana Berry Cashew Cream Pie
- Chia Seed Mango Dessert
- Raw Caramel and Walnut Bars
- Coconut Burfi- Saffron and Rose infused
- Coconut and Almond butter energy clusters
- Heavenly Energy Balls
- Figs, Avocado and Cashews Dessert
Sharing at Fiesta Friday
and at Whats for Dinner Sunday Linkup