A healthy recipe bursting with deep flavors of pineapple, tahini and rose harissa spice blend.
Angie’s Healthy Recipe Challenge is on and I am pretty late in thinking about combining leafy greens and pineapple. I like spice in my recipes so pineapple is the perfect sweet to cut through those spices. A wild caught salmon is perfect to showcase the flavors with quinoa, arugula and baby spinach and a perfect tahini dressing.
I used Elaine’s Rose Harissa Blend ( Thank you Elaine!). Do check it out on her blog and the fantastic ways she has used it in many recipes.
A little bit about the dressing….Tahini can be made at home or you can buy the good quality organic tahini in a bottle. Tahini is sesame paste and has fat in it. No additional fat is needed in the dressing. The apple cider vinegar gives it the tartness, pineapple the sweetness and aminos or tamari gives a bit of salt and flavor. This can be stored and used in many dishes that you will make. Top it over falafels, burgers, fritters and anything your heart desires.
So with that said, the pineapple and greens challenge has been well incorporated in this dish 🙂
Pineapple Harissa Salmon with Tahini Greens
a harissa spiced salmon baked in the oven served with tahini dressing over greens
- 2-3 pieces of wild-caught Salmon
Harissa Spice mix marinade:
- 1 tablespoon Elaine’s Rose Harissa Blend
- 2 slices of pineapple – chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 cup pineapple pieces
- 2 tablespoon coconut amino or tamari
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pink or Sea Salt – to taste
Salad and Toppings:
- Arugula and Baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Toasted walnuts
- Chopped Pineapple
- Sliced Avocados
- Use a blender to combine the Harissa marinade ingredients and marinate the salmon pieces for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Put the salmon on the baking sheet (skin-side down), then put it in the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minute.
- Mix quinoa and greens together with dressing, I have used arugula, spinach but any fresh salad greens are good here.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Assemble the greens, top with walnuts and dressing. Plate the salmon and top with sliced avocados and pineapple.