Cacık’ (JAH’- juck), or yogurt with cucumbers and herbs is a simple Turkish dish served as a salad or by itself with some bread on the side. Yogurt with cucumbers is also served in Indian food and called Raita. This particular Cacik recipe is different from Raita in that it uses a lot of Dill weed. Very close in taste to the Greek Tzatziki. The cooling taste makes it a perfect companion to spicy food. I served it for an appetizer followed by a Tagine dinner.
- 2 cups of Yogurt ( beaten)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped dill weed
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- 1 cucumber grated and pat dried in a towel
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Putting it together:
- Mix the yogurt with garlic and add salt and pepper to tasted.
- Add dill, cucumber and mint. Adjust seasoning to your liking. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Does not get simpler than that 🙂
6 thoughts on “Cacik’ – Yogurt with Cucumbers and Dill”
Love anything with yogurt! Thanks a lot for sharing at FF!
Thanks so much!
This dip sounds really intresting! Stopping by from Fiesta Friday. 🙂