The weekend summer farmers markets are in full bloom. The joy of sourcing local ingredients is sweet and satisfying. Not everything is local though so it’s a journey to get to totally local sourced for the mind and body.
This was a beautiful Cod fillet and my Za’atar is home made with thyme and oregano that I have grown and dried. Saw a stand at the farmers market selling Za’atar and Olive oil which I am sure would be amazing to use. So if you are not making it at home buy from the local farmers and small businesses.
The tomatoes were just ripe and vibrant and ready to cut so I kept it simple with fresh mint and lemon juice.
The fresh zucchini also called for simplicity so it has been sautéed with a touch of cumin and fresh large green onions.
This plate reminds me of what good clean and abundant food this earth has given us to respect, enjoy and feed our souls.
Fish and Marinade
- Cod filet – 1
- Za’atar – 2 tbsp
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp
- Good olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt if needed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 small yellow or spring onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A couple of yellow and red tomatoes
- Handful of fresh mint
- Juice of one lemon
- Lemon zest ( use the same lemon to zest)
- Celtic sea salt – a sprinkle
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Coat the fish with the marinade ingredients and set aside for 15 mins.
- Chop up the Zucchini in small pieces and slice the onions
- Heat the olive oil and add cumin and mustard seeds. Once they pop, add the onions.
- Sauté the onions until they soften, add the red chili powder and the zucchini.
- Sauté for a few minutes until the zucchini is just tend.er Salt to taste and add the rice.
- It will take a couple of minutes to combine and heat everything through.
- Prepare the tomato salad by chopping the fresh ingredients and combining through with the salt and lemon juice.
- Bake the fish for 10 mins in a 400 degree oven.
- Serve beautifully!