How this feeds the soul…
Fresh organic broccoli, spinach, peas, onions, garlic, and fresh herb make this not only delicious but a gift for the body.
I also added a green chili for heat and some cumin for earthiness.
Some nutritional yeast at the end is optional but does add super flavor.
Vegan deliciousness at its best
Here goes the recipe
The Green Soup
Fresh organic broccoli, spinach, peas, onions, garlic and fresh herb makes this delicious
- 2 heads of Organic broccoli
- 2-3 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1 cups frozen peas
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 cloves of whole peeled garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- A bunch of parsley and oregano
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast ( optional)
- Avocado oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Toasted pine nuts
- Wash and chop the broccoli, stems and all
- Add the avocado oil to a deep pan and heat
- Add garlic and let it sizzle just a bit without turning brown
- Add onions and broccoli and stir for 2 -3 minutes
- Add spinach and green chilies and continue to cook for 2 minutes
- Add the frozen peas, fresh herbs and let the mixture combine
- Add about 2 cups of water ( adjust), salt, pepper and cumin
- Let everything cook for about 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat and taste for salt, adjust if needed
- Get the mixture into your blender with the nutritional yeast and puree
- Serve topped with a bit of the avocado oil, pine nuts and fresh black pepper.
- This soup is amazing !!!!