This slice is a divine source of energy and so healthful. The energy from the almond butter and nuts, the chewiness from the cranberries and antioxidants from the raw cacao all come together and melt in your mouth. Perfect when you need the energy for a workout or just need to feed that sweet tooth.
Thanks to Fiesta Friday for making me experiment with this today so I could post it and share:).
- 6 tablespoons organic almond butter
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of kosher salt
Place all the wet ingredients together and then stir in the salt and the dry ingredients. Mix until it is thick and gooey.
I used a silicone mini cake pan to pour this into. You could use a loaf pan.
Set in the fridge to several hours. This will last in the fridge for many days. It does melt easily to take it out when you are ready to slice and eat. Roll the slices into extra coconut and seeds for presentation.
Store in the fridge as it will melt at room temperature.